- Don't be afraid to ask questions no matter how silly they sound.
- Dictionaries should live on tables (or desks), not tucked away on shelves, so they can be used every day.
- Observation is the key to innovation - never stop looking and imagining what might be hidden in the obvious.
- Be the one who determines your destiny. Let no one else decide what you can and can't do.
- Stay fit and get enough sleep.
- Take time in life to enjoy what you are doing at the present; don't always look to the past and future, just be in the now and enjoy it for what it is.
- Set a goal, add self belief and a lot of hard work, it is amazing what you can achieve.
- Be yourself.
- Save 10% of your income.
- Smile and world smiles with you. Kick and you kick alone.
Friday, January 7, 2011
How to be successful ... (Part 2)
Here's some more great advice from prominent and successful New Zealanders that you can share with your students: